Saturday, January 24

I survived!

Just a quick update...

We went in at 9am and I got hooked up to the IV and met the doctors and signed some paperwork.  Then around 10am I was brought into the OR.  After they wrapped me up, I was out in seconds.  Then, as predicted I woke up back where I started.

In the end I ended up with 6 eggs.  I'm assuming/hoping this was good for an IUI converted to IVF.  I know there weren't as many as might have been for an IVF, but I'm still optimistic.  We only need one, right?

Now I'm resting... I'm a little uncomfy, but I'm okay.  My mother-in-law is bringing me dinner tonight and my mom is also coming up to show Johnny how to do the PIO injections.  They showed us at the clinic, but the nurse was kind of impatient with Johnny's questions.  But I did get to show off my butt.  :P  So, my mom's coming to be a little nicer in the teaching.  I'm still freaking out about those.  And, though I know it IS worth is, that will not stop me from being nervous.  

So, we're looking at a likely transfer on Tuesday, but who knows, all 6 might fertilize and cleave and be awesome.  See, I'm still optimistic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck! I have a good feeling that this will work for you guys this time around. And you're right. . . Only 1 egg is needed. Do you know how many they will transfer? I can't wait to hear how it all goes. :-D
Kat

Ashley said...

That's great!! I'm praying that this works for you guys:)

Ashley said...

That's great!! I'm praying that this works for you guys:)

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you're doing ok, keep us posted.

ashley said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Atleast with PIO shots you won't be able to see the needle going in, considering they're location. ;) Take care of yourself and I'm sure you'll grow beautiful embryos.

svallely said...

Maybe you will be Stacey & Johnny + 6!! :)