Friday, January 30

A few thoughts

The PIO injections are getting much better.  I still almost hyperventilate before the injections (I'm lying there, waiting, and the hubby is drawing the syringe, changing the tip, taking his sweet time) and they hurt a little going in, but they're over and we're that much closer to the 9th.  Did I mention that, if (when) I get the + on the 9th (8th), I'm sentenced to 6-8 more WEEKS of PIO injections?  I know, I know, all for the greater good, but... well, you know.

Last night I received a call from a good friend.  She asked "Have you talked to 'x' or 'y' today?"  I hadn't, why, I asked.  "Because 'x's' dad passed away the day before."  I can't even imagine.  I'm only 24, my friend is only 24.  I've known her since I was 6-- and consequently have known her family since I was 6.  I was always pretty close to the family when we were younger-- my friend's parents bought china for my wedding and a vacuum cleaner for the shower.  So basically, I can't get it off my mind.  Like I said.... I can't even imagine.  But I guess, in some way, it helped to remind me that, as bad and bleak as things have seemed lately, they can always be worse.  And I need to count my lucky stars for what I have right now.  Which, to be honest, really is a lot.

No comments: