Tuesday, October 5

Follicle Check

Today I had my follicle check. Things were looking okay... looks like I have about 17 follicles all together- still not measurable, but growing. :)

I did learn something a little bothersome though. I mentioned awhile ago that my right ovary was now floating somewhere near my kidney? It's ridiculously high up there and next to impossible to get with the internal ultrasound. They've had to use the external probe to measure my right side.

Well, the ultrasound tech (one I love) told me that, if they can't view it from the internal ultrasound, they won't be able to access it for the IVF. Meaning... if things don't shift a little, I'm working on my IVF from one ovary only. She mentioned that the sheer weight of the follicles might make it more accessible as time goes on, but right now it's not looking too good.

I go back in 2 days for another check. They lowered my GonalF to 112.5IU for tonight and then 75IU for tomorrow. We'll see where we are on Thursday morning. :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Sorry about your 1 ovary, and hope it drops. 17 follices is great though! :)

Catherine W said...

Hmmm, I also had a 'wandering' ovary and was told the same as you - that they might not be able to access it for IVF. A couple of weeks later it had drifted right back into position and it was put down to a dodgy ultrasound (interposing bowel apparently, blushing!)
Here's hoping that righty straightens herself out and that you can get access to both for the IVF.