Friday, October 31

Over

If I hadn't known it was Halloween already, I would have definitely found out at the drs today. I got to reenact a murder scene. Or so it seemed. :) They used a butterfly needle on me and after she had it in and was pumping my blood away, she caught the tube with her finger or hand or something and the needle ripped out and blood went all over her hand and arm, my arm, my leg, the table. It was quite gross. But very appropriate for Halloween.

So, the results. All I really heard in the voicemail was "I'm sorry, the results aren't good. Your levels are going back down." I'm really not sure if she told me what my levels were or what she said after that. I just feel kind of numb right now. So there we have it. The positive of this is that with my levels going down it's not ectopic. The negative is that with 6 cycles, we've had 2 early miscarriages-- the chemical in the beginning and now this. That scares me a little bit.

And, though I have always said I love RSC to death... they're slowly starting to annoy me...

Here's a run down of why and you can tell me if I'm crazy or not...

IUI Cycle 1-- No instruction as to whether or not to take the progesterone I had been previously prescribed. So, that night I called RSC and was given the response "Don't take it. We never prescribe progesterone right after an IUI." To which I had replied that, with the 3 TI cycles I had been taking it. It was only then that the nurse I was talking to decided to check with my doctor to see what to do. And I had to take it.

IUI Cycle 3-- Told NOT to take the progesterone because my levels were "so good".
1st Beta-- Told to CONTINUE to take the progesterone. When I wasn't, the nurse was shocked: "You're NOT? Well you need to start tonight."
3rd Beta-- Levels weren't where they were supposed to be, so told it was a loss and to STOP the progesterone.
4th Beta-- Levels were going down, told that they could NOW classify this as a loss (though I had been told this 3 days ago) and to STOP taking the progesterone now (though I had already been told that 3 days ago).

I'm annoyed because I feel like they don't communicate with each other. So it's very annoying!

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Stacy, I am so, so sorry.

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry that it was made official. You continue to be in my prayers.