Wednesday, October 8

IUI 3 Complete!

So we did the IUI today at 10:30 (more like 11 by the time we were called in...) and I'm back at school. It's lunch, so it's not completely illegal that I'm typing this. :) We ended up with 2 mature follicles-- one on the left and one on the right. I could definitely feel the one on the right popping out. Good sign. :) And, Johnny's numbers were the best they have been!! Everything was up from last time-- concentration, motility, etc. In the end, last time we had 16.6 million sperm. This time, 175.5 million. I almost fell off the table when she told me that. So, I'm feeling pretty optimistic! Oct. 22nd is the test so we shall see! I cannot wait-- and it's good knowing what we're moving on to if this doesn't work. No waiting around. :)

Today my nurse was training a new girl. I felt kind of bad-- she was SO nervous. I could feel her hands shaking around. I felt like some exhibit though, the way they were both staring at me so carefully. Johnny almost had a heart attack though-- he was a little protective of the sample and he thought for sure that the new girl would make a mistake and say "Ooops-- it slipped." so he was getting ready to tell her to stop and to let the experienced girl do it, but in the end the new girl couldn't navigate correctly, so the experienced one took over. And it was done. :) Yay.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Fingers crossed!!!

Carrie said...

Sounds like you have a lot of positives to focus on! I hope the 22nd is here before you know it with the result you have been dreaming of!