Thursday, November 10

Randoms Again

So I'm failing at this NoBloPoMo thing.  Missing two days isn't so bad though, is it?

Today we're on to randomness because I can't think straight I'm so tired...

  • Johnny worked til 9 & it was rainy so it was a crazy day.  Colby just wanted to go outside (because it has been ridiculously beautiful the last few days and we have spent every moment outside that we could) but we couldn't so he was just off the wall.  Then he didn't nap despite my trying to get him to nap for 2.5 hours.  So he was just plain crazy (cute) all evening.
  • We (and by "we", I mean "I" because Johnny has still never helped with night time routine or night wakings.  Period.)  finally, finally, finally have the kids in a bedtime routine that has them all in bed and sleeping by 8:30pm most nights.  It's not perfect... the girls usually still wake up just a few hours later (if Sydney doesn't start moving around sooner), the girls are still in their Rock n Plays (they're transitioning to their cribs finally, but we're going away this weekend for a wedding so I decided not to push the whole routine when it would just be lost this weekend anyways), & Colby is still in our bed.  BUT I feel like I have the whole night when I come downstairs at 8:30 rather than 10:30 or 11.  
  • The girls are just growing up so fast it's making me a wee bit sad.  So much of life is picking which fire to put out next (which crying child to tend to, which disaster to avert, etc.) that I feel like I'm not just enjoying them enough.  Don't get me wrong- I spend every waking (and sleeping) moment with them & Colby all day every day.  But it's just not the same as when it was just me and Colby and I could pick him up and hold him and cuddle him all day long.  
  • Is it crazy that I'm already thinking about wanting baby #5?  (Don't tell Johnny, he might completely go crazy for that one!) (And yes, I know this one doesn't really make sense when I'm talking about feeling like I'm not enjoying the girls enough...)
  • Having 3 kids seems easier than having 1.  Is that crazy?  I remember with Colby I was lucky if I got out of my PJs most days.  Now I get all three dressed and fed & out the door most days.  Usually it's just for a walk around the development, but sometimes it's shopping or to visit or for appointments.  And I usually shower every day(!!!!).  Granted it's an orchestration of baths & then setting kids up in safe places while I shower, but I still do it.  The only difference, having 3 kids seems more like a routine & battle plan, while having just Colby was much more go-with-the-flow.  
  • I go back to school in mid-December.  We're still working on child care... I'm trying to find someone amazing who will cost us less than my paycheck.  And as a teacher, I don't make much.  Therefore, we're looking for someone amazing who basically wants to work for minimum wage.
  • And on top of all that, I have to start a grad class in January.  So it will be work, class, 3 kids.  The thought terrifies me.

No comments: