Wednesday, November 2

Play Challenge: 2


Today's challenge was to build a fort.

After hitting myself on the side of the head for not thinking of building a fort sooner (seriously, we did it all the time growing up and it's so easy!) I was super excited to start some fort construction with Colby.

I decided to wait until after nap time so that everyone would be at their happiest because I knew it would involve leaving the girls a to lounge a bit as we constructed.  The only thing I grabbed from out of the room was a few sheets from the pile of unfolded laundry upstairs.  Otherwise the blankets and supports were already in the living room.

And ta da!




Colby loved it!  And I thought it was pretty neat to.  We had few entrances and even added the tunnel for access.  Colby thought it was funny when I got in the fort by sliding in the tunnel.  :)

All in all, a huge success... until Colby decided to try to walk on top of the fort.  Then playtime was over.

3 comments:

sunflowerchilde said...

I wanted to try this too, but I think mine are too young (16 months). They started crying when I tried to build a fort. Next year, I guess. Yours looks pretty cool, though!

sunflowerchilde said...

P.S. You have a lot of the same toys and baby accessories that we do!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Trevor wants to come over and play!