Thursday, May 5
Cloth diapering questions...
Okay, you guys are awesome, but my head is still spinning. I guess I have to start with terminology first.
I'm not sure if terminology is brand-specific or cloth diapering related? So, let's see...
Then a few other opinions/questions...
1. Do you prefer snaps or velcro?
2. Do any brands you've tried leave marks on legs?
3. Do you use a toilet sprayer? Or what else do you do?
4. Cloth wipes vs. regular wipes? Which do you use or prefer?
5. Washing... you have to wash each load 2 times, right?
6. How do you manage the dirty diapers? I'm thinking I'd need a diaper bag up in the baby room, in the living room, and in the basement.
7. Diaper creams... I've heard they cause problems by reducing the absorbency of diapers, so what do you do? But then again... I've also heard that CD babies get less rashes, so maybe it's a nonissue?
8. Am I crazy for thinking of using cloth diapers for twins?
9. Has anyone used cloth diapers and then put their child in day care? I've read that some daycares will only accept all-in-ones.
10. Can someone just treat me like I'm an idiot (I really don't mind) and explain the entire process of assembling a non-all-in-one diaper, piece by piece? If someone could maybe post a photo-assisted post about this, I would be eternally grateful. I find info on sites, but they don't act like I'm an idiot so they still throw around the terminology that makes my head spin...
11. How many would I really need of each piece (if I did non-AIO)? I really want to start as soon as the babies come home... but I realize that might mean extra pieces that are grown out of quickly.