Sunday, July 19

They're HEEEEEERE!!!!

Hello to everyone again!! This is Stacey's husband reporting live from our post partum room at the hospital. It seems like I usually only get to post on here when things are crazy or Stacey is unable to come to the computer, and that is where we are at right now. STACEY HAD THE TWINS TODAY!!!!!! I'm sure you are all just as shocked reading this as I am to be writing this. No one knew going to bed last night the adventure we would go on today. I posted on the blog we started for the family who didnt know about our adventures in the world of infertility earlier, so here is the update....

In case you hadn't heard, Stacey started having some serious contractions out of nowhere this morning. We called the nurse and they put her on the monitor, and they confirmed she was having steady contractions about 1-3 minutes apart. The doctor came down to check her out and said well these babies are going to be coming today. We will give you an ultrasound to see if they can come out on their own, and if not we will do a c-section. Ultrasound showed Baby A was in position, but Baby B was upside down so natural birth was not going to be an option. They prepped Stacey for the procedure, threw me in some scrubs, and we rushed her right in to the operating room. THEN....

At 11:56AM on 19 July 2009 little Connor James Jamerson entered the world. He weighed in at 2 lbs. 9 oz and was 14.75" long.

2 minutes later at 11:58AM his brother Colby John Jamerson entered the world as well. He weighed in at 2 lbs. 3 oz. and was 14.17" long.
The babies were rushed off to the NICU to be taken care of while I stayed with Stacey and had her get all stitched up.

FAST FORWARD TO RIGHT NOW....
Its now 10PM and I am finally starting to come down off the adrenaline high I have been on since 9:30 this morning. Stacey is resting and doing absolutely GREAT!!! The boys are up in the NICU and we are being told that is where they will stay until probably what their original due date was. (October 17th) They are telling us that Connor seems to be fighting a little bit of an infection and they had to give him some more of the steroids to help with his lungs and he is already on antibiotics to help with the infection. He opened his eyes and looked right at me though when I went over to look at him in the operating room. Colby is doing as well as a baby can do at 27 weeks 1 day. He is kicking and squirming around and grabs my finger when I put it in his hand.

Thats about all I have for right now. Like I said before the adrenaline is finally starting to wear off and its been going nonstop since about 9:30 this morning. Thanks again to everyone for the love, support, messages, emails, text messages, voicemails, and prayers!!!

I promise we will get some more pictures posted on here shortly. We are both wiped from today and are going to try and go see the little guys up in the NICU one more time and then try and rest up for what I am sure will be another long day tomorrow.

19 comments:

ashley said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! I certainly did not expect to be reading this! I am so happy mommy and babies, for the most part, are doing well. I really thought your boys would stay in there a little while longer, but I guess they just couldn't wait to meet you! ;) I'll be thinking of you and praying that your boys grow stronger and stronger every day. Congratulations Mom and Dad!!!

Infertility is Hard said...

Oh my gosh! Definitely not what I was expecting!

First of all. . . congratulations on having 2 beautiful baby boys. I hope you are feeling well Stacey. Although I'm sure you wished they would have waited a bit longer to make their appearance, I hope they continue to grow and thrive in the NICU.

Thinking of you and your family. Congrats on your two miracles. :-D

Sarah said...

Ah! Wow...just wow!

Your sons are beautiful and the 4 of you will remain in my thoughts.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

holy moly! congratulations! and welcome to the world little men. they look like they're in good hands in the NICU and i'm sure they'll get stronger and stronger and the time will pass so fast. take care and again, big congratulations on your new family of four!

Theresa said...

Congrats to the beautiful family!!! Will be praying for a speedy recovery for all of you!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! What adorable little guys you have there! I will keep your new family in my thoughts as your sons fight their way into this new world!

Straubles said...

They're beautiful! Praying that they keep growing and getting stronger and can go home earlier!

Stacie said...

Congratulations! They are just beautiful! Sending strength your way as you work toward bringing your family home. Hugs!

Stacie
(mom to twin boys born 28w3d)

Jules said...

Congrats!!

May said...

Argh! Congratulations! They are so handsome! Great work mom on keeping them in so long! I'm sorry you didn't get the longer pregnancy you wanted, but at least now you can start putting all this behind you and begin parenting your gorgeous boys. Congratulations again.

Shinejil said...

Congrats on your sons! I'm glad they arrived safely and are in good hands. I hope their stay in the NICU is short and sweet, and that they soon thrive and put on lots of adorable baby weight.

Stace, I hope your recovery is smooth and that you're soon up and about, getting ready to welcome C and C home for good.

Hugs to all of you!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

What a surprise -- congratulations! I'm so glad that everyone is doing so well. Best wishes for a speedy graduation from the NICU and an easy recovery for Stacey.

Carrie said...

OH my goodness! Congratulations! I am so happy that the boys are doing well for their age and Stacy is recovering well! I am thinking of your family as you grow together, and hoping the NICU time is as easy as can be. CONGRATS!!!

Ashley said...

Oh my...I didn't expect to be reading this today!! Congrats and I'm so glad Stacey and the boys are doing well!! I will keep them in my prayers! The boys are adorable;)

juliane2004 said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I did not expect to see this! My blog reader must have missed it, cause I saw from another person's blog that "Stacey had her twins at 27weeks". I was like, oh? Who? Then I clicked - and it's YOU!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!! I'm hoping that everything and everyone is doing fine. Congratulations on your two boys :)

Barefoot said...

Congratulations -- your boys are absolutely beautiful. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way for speedy recovery (for mom) and rapid growth (for babes).

Jamie said...

Congratulations!! :)

They both look well!! :)

Michelle said...

OMG Congratulations! they look so beautiful! I hope these babies grow and do wonderfully! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jenn said...

Wow!!! I'm relieved to hear that they are doing so good...I'll be praying they stay that way.

Absolutely LOVE the names!!!

Congratulations Mom and Dad!