Sunday, March 8

Bits and pieces

I keep trying to start posts... I must have started a dozen over the past couple of days but then I run out of things to say.  I guess that's a good thing... things are pretty uneventful around these parts as far as baby-relatedness goes.  

I'm pretty overwhelmed right now... between teaching, my classes related to AYP, and then my grad classes... cooking, dishes, and my constant need to sleep I feel like I haven't been able to think straight in forever.  One of my classes is a Diversity class where I'm supposed to put myself into a minority situation for 3 hours and write a paper about how it makes me feel.  The initial "What I'm doing" paper is due Monday.  I have no idea.  Then in my other class I have to create a unit but I'm so out of my element.  The examples are for grad school and I am NOT writing a grad school unit.  So, instead, I'm thinking of doing one for K/1st grade.  Which is fine... except now I feel like mine is lacking substance in comparison.  (Because, really, you just can't do as much with 5 and 6 year olds!)

Speaking of 5 and 6 year olds... my kiddies continue to be cute.  The other day we were making a list of words that rhyme with "see".  I got tree and me and three.  Then I asked for a word that starts with "b" that rhymes with "see".  The answer my student yelled out?  "Sexy!"  Ha... luckily it didn't start with "b" so I could ignore her.  I also said "You should've" to a student in relation to something--- and he got mad at me thinking I told him to "Shut up".  As far as I know his parents weren't informed. 

Baby related... I can barely keep my eyes open any more.  I'm started to have bouts of horrible nausea.  Usually at very bad times... in the middle of reading a book to the class, while driving home... times like that.  But it does make me feel a little better... like something is still going on.

I'll have the pictures of the ultrasound soon... my brother scanned them all in on Friday night... he just hasn't emailed them to me yet.  As soon as I get them from him I'll post a few.

I guess that's all for now!  :)  Back to doing school work.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Arent WE kind of a minority? Being infertile?

Grade A said...

Congratulations on such a great u/s report. Take care of yourself-sounds like you have a lot going on. Congrats again.