Monday, May 4

16w2d and the Weekend

How far along? 16 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: HA. Up a lot. I'm thinking... maybe 7 pounds? It still fluctuates, but I have officially gone where I have not seen my weight go before. A little scary, but also VERY cool.

Maternity clothes? Yes. I am currently wearing a materinty top. Instead of wearing maternity pants, I decided to give my bella band a workout today. I hope it's up to the challenge.

Stretch marks? I still think no... but maybe faint puple lines are starting to form on the underside of my belly. Time for cocobutter perhaps?

Sleep: Never enough. :) Usually 8-9 hours, but I wake up all achy all the time.

Best moment this week: The doctors appointment on Tuesday when we saw the little guys. Oh and the fabulous weekend away with my hubby!

Movement: Not that I'm feeling!

Food cravings: Grapes!

Gender: I guess 2 boys. :) I'm still not entirely sold on Baby B's sex though.

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? Innie

What I miss: Nothing!

What I am looking forward to: Feeling movement! School being out so I can just enjoy these guys and getting ready for their arrival!

Weekly Wisdom: If you're trying to keep the sexes secret from your dad, who does NOT want to know, do not allow your husband to send the ultrasound scan. He might write something like "Look at my son! He's as handsome as daddy already!" Kind of gives things away...

Milestones: Constant backaches and heartburn. :) Fabulous milestones, dontcha think? Oh, and we picked out the bedding and new paint colors. That's kind of neat.

~*~*~*~*~*~

And the weekend... the hubby and I went away from Fri-Sun for a fabulous get-away weekend. We didn't go far at all, but it was so nice to just get away. When we're home he's glued to sports (yawn!) and I'm stuck at my computer doing work for my classes and my class. So, though we're both there, we're not really there. And then when he gets bored with sports (commercials, you know) he comes and tries to strike up conversations or tries to get me to do things with him. I, however, am trying diligently to get my work done so I can be in bed by 8.

SO, anyways, we went away with the agreement that there were to be NO computers and NO tv at all. Just us. Well, he broke the agreement and brought his computer (he swears that it was to look up beddig so we could choose paint, but I caught him on sports pages a few times) and watched Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics. But you know what? Without the stress of MY work I didn't really care. I could just relax with him, ask him ridiculous sports questions, and do nothing. It was absolutely wonderful. So, now I'm tempted to go away every weekend. Totally impractical, never going to happen, but I can dream, right? :)

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!!

36 more days left of school! :)

I will post newer belly pictures soon because I'm a basketball (a comment from my mom this weekend- "You're going to be huge! I didn't start wearing maternity clothes til my 5th month!"... keep in mind that my mom's babies were 5-6 pounds and they were all singles, though. :)) and the new ultrasound picture.

3 comments:

ashley said...

I'm glad you're growing bigger and bigger. It's really rather fun, although gets to be quite uncomfortable. It's nice that you had a little weekend getaway, I'm sure you both needed it.

Shinejil said...

Ah, the heartburn's a blast, no?

Glad you're still having fun and in the home stretch of the school year. Our (university) year just ended, and it's great.

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! I can't wait to see the belly pics;)