Thursday, November 13

From as long as I can remember-- before we even started this whole IF craziness-- I have always been very definite about how I wanted the whole pregnancy process to be. I wanted it to be just me and Johnny. Ultrasounds-- just us. Registry making-- just us. Baby naming-- just us. Birth-- just us. Even at the hospital-- just us. I was firm on these facts. I felt like I had waited so long (in the beginning "so long" just meant that I had wanted to have children forever... the meaning of these words have changed...) that I wanted to have every moment to myself. A little selfish in retrospect. Johnny used to argue these points with me... that our parents would want to be involved and relatives would want to be waiting in the waiting room to hear "It's a boy (or girl)!" I didn't care. I wanted it to be just us. That's it. The end. These were always tense discussions.

However, I can tell you, this COMPLETELY changed the SECOND that stick came back positive. Immediately I was picturing having my mom or Johnny's mom in the room to see an ultrasound of the little heart beating away (after we had the first u/s to ourselves, of course :P). I was picturing walking through Babies R Us with my mom picking out little blankets and shirts. And I no longer wanted to exclude everyone from the waiting room. I'm still not a fan of the idea of having anyone besides Johnny there when I actually have the baby, but I'm now excited about having a waiting room full of love.

As usual, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I guess I feel like all of this has had a positive effect. :)


Not much else going on. Johnny is at a Patriots game tonight, so I'm all alone. (I'm not complaining... :)) Tomorrow I'm babysitting, Saturday I'm getting my hair cut (finally) and then Sunday Johnny's gone again (I hardly see him through football season!) so I'll just be doing school work. :)

Oh, and of course we're waiting. :) What else would we be doing??

No comments: