Tuesday, June 3

Tell me if this is normal...

My beta is on June 16th. Naturally I wasn't expecting to hear from the good ole docs until after the beta. However, they called me today. I should remind you that I love my RE and all of the nurses that work there. They are the nicest people in the entire world and it's clear that they genuinely want this to work...

Anyways, they called me to update my file. To file the paperwork for next cycle. Yes... I'm 13 days away from the cycle 3 beta and they're planning cycle number 4. A little weird, but maybe it isn't. I'm still new at this. And I appreciate it because it means that they're thinking of me and my "case" even when I'm not there. So, the decision has been passed down from my RE to add IUI to my cycle next time (if there is a next time). (Though, my RE told me back in the day that she didn't think IUI would be helpful with my "case", but I guess times have changed...) So I agreed and that's where we are with that. I also called to schedule an appointment with my RE after this cycle to discuss where we are and where we are going (if that is necessary). So, as always, it feels good to be making progress and head ways. I didn't really do anything, but I kind of feel like I have. :)

I've learned that my contentment with this whole thing varies greatly day to day and week to week. Right now I'm feeling pretty good and confident that we're doing the absolute right thing.

Oh, and my birthday is 12 days after my beta.. so I'm optimistic for the best birthday gift ever.

1 comment:

Morrisa said...

You have done 3 cycles of clomid right? I think after 3 cycles with TI the next logical step would be to move on to IUI. They're aren't much more invasive and relatively cheap so I think it is a good choice to move on. But hopefully you wont have to worry about it!