Tuesday, June 24

Busy

In the spirit of keeping myself busy I tutored a 6 year old soon-to-be 1st grader today. She is adorable and she was so much fun to work with. I'll work with her again tomorrow afternoon. It will be a 2 day a week (2 hour total) adventure. It's fun and it keeps me a little bit busy.

I also kept busy by babysitting a little tonight for the little boy met last week. He is so adorable too. He's 21 months old and so sweet. I also have never known an almost-2 year old who listens quite as well. (And I've done a lot of babysitting!) He's very funny and I can't wait to babysit for him next! :) Altogether the money from the two isn't the greatest, but it's good for doing something I love to do. (Although, straight after tutoring I went to the store to by things to bring with me tomorrow-- like special pencils and finger grips and flashcards... all stuff I forgot to grab out of my classroom at the end of the year!)

I like keeping busy. I find that, when I'm not busy... when I'm sitting around doing nothing I get SO tired. Like ridiculous amounts.

On an unrelated note. Because this is a month off I kind of felt like I could be rebellious. I had some *gasp* alcohol last weekend (can't remember the last time I had any!) and I also had a ton of caffeine! I used to drink caffeine all the time, but when we started this whole infertility process I gave it up. Very rarely do I have caffeine anymore. This past weekend I had caffeine at least 2 or 3 times every day. Today I was feeling the affects of the caffeine withdrawal though! Maybe that's why I'm so tired. It make my head pound, too. Maybe I'll stick to my non-caffeinated life even though I have this month off. :)

My birthday is Saturday! I already got my gift from my hubby and we went away to celebrate last weekend, too, but I'm still looking forward to it. I'm such a kid about my birthday-- always have been. I wonder at what age that obsessiveness will end. :)

And here I end my pointless ramblings!

No comments: