Thursday, June 30

Nursing Again...

This afternoon I nursed just Sydney & only on one side. Typically I try to do both at once, but, well, when Zoe decides not to wake up, there is no way around it. So it was just me and Syd for awhile. Then I waited a bit for Zoe to decide if she was ready but she just slept on so I decided that I had to pump because I had held Syd only to one side waiting for Zoe.

One side pumped about 4 oz. The other- the side Syd was on- only pumped about 10ml. Typically both sides are pretty similar- always off by just a few ml. I was pretty pumped (hahaha) that it seemed that Syd had gotten so much! Now if only there were some concrete way to tell! (Short of renting a scale because I'm not willing to pay extra!)

For a few days now I haven't made any formula bottles at all (woohoo). I'm letting the girls nurse on demand so it's kind of super exhausting. I think I only got about 1 hour of sleep last night because they're not on the same schedule anymore. (I gave up the schedule idea because it seemed too rigid for their development) There are periods of the day where I feel like I'm nursing for hours (because I am!) but it's worth it. And Colby is JUST SO GOOD about it. We spend lots of time coloring and reading while I'm nursing...

Tomorrow is their one month check so I can't wait to hear their weights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are doing so great! You must be so exhausted. It'll be great to see the doc tomorrow and get some affirmation that the girls are getting all they need from you. You're a great mom!