Tuesday, April 12

Still here for awhile...

Ah so the controversy continues! Haha.

This AM Dr. R decided that she wanted me out ASAP. So she ordered another length check in the ATU to see where we are at. Blah- why did she have to be here? The other doctor I love-- I learned they call him Dr. Bill (Dr. B) though he has a really long last name-- was there so that makes me feel better every time. The length check yielded about a .8cm change. Measurements ranged from 1.2cm to .8cm depending on where they decided the line was. So, it was decided that I am staying here. Insert heartbreak (Colby!) and peace of mind all at the same time.

It was fun though (sarcastic)... Dr. B was talking to me about babies and how many we want. His wife is pregnant with their second child and his first son is 7 days older than Colby and he always remembers this. We were talking about how much fun the little stage is when Dr. R came in and Dr. B made some comment about Colby at home. Dr. R jumped in with "Don't you have twins at home right now, too?" Dr. B's face fell an I had to remind her again that we lost Connor. Seriously????!!! I saw her 4 days ago!

So I came back up to my room for monitoring and Dr. K stopped in to talk to me. He made it blatantly clear that HE has the final decision about where I go and when and that made me feel a million times better. His thinking is 2 more weeks and then repeat the length check and decide from there. Odds are I'll be here until 32 weeks-- if we get that far-- before he seriously considers sending me home.

So it's hard, but I'm feeling better.

OH and I learned that Dr. K never wanted me to have the FFN because while they're good predictors of preterm labor, preterm labor isn't my issue. Instead, cervical incompetence is my issue, SO the FFN can easily come back negative and mean nothing. The bag of water is dying to get out and little fibers aren't going to do anything about that.


4 comments:

Michele said...

That doc sounds like a bitch! Can you request not to have her (pardon my language, but really- you've been here before... you've already lost one baby... WHAT IS SHE THINKING?????) Sorry, stepping off soap box...

Yeah, the cerclage is great to get those of us with IC to a certain point, but as my OB said "true IC isnt thwarted by some thread". We were just happy I almost cleared the 2nd tri (since my history was early 2nd tri). I'm crossing my fingers and saying prayers that you get well into the 30s!! Come on cervix- hold strong!!!

Leah said...

Oh my, Dr. R just sounds horrible. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with her. Your other docs sound amazing though!

I honestly can't imagine how hard this is for you to be away from Colby. But I take joy in thinking of your 3 little ones all playing together, and the little loves in your belly being "cooked" enough not to need a NICU stage. Oh cervix! Hang on!!!

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I think the next time Dr. R comes in you should ask her if she's suffering from dementia or if she just doesn't give a $hit about her patients.

Jen said...

I 2nd Anonymous' suggestions!!!! Then ask her to immediately be taken off your case because she is causing you unneeded stress!!! You go girl!!! Sending lots of hugs, love, and prayers!!!