Tuesday, September 7
A few updates
Lots has been going on around here. But I've been too busy to even sleep, let along post...
Back to School
My 3 grad classes started on Sept. 1. They actually don't look too bad, but they look pretty boring. I'm taking Language Acquisition which I took in college as an undergrad. I'm also taking Assessment and Treatment of Reading Disabilities & Theory and Research in Reading. Did I already mention BORING? I'm working toward my M.Ed in Reading and Language... I guess I just didn't expect the classes to be so awful. Right now I'm licensed to teach PreK-2 and I didn't want to get a degree to teach 1-6 because I didn't want to get stuck with Grade 6, so I'm going so that I'll be a licensed Reading Specialist. I can't wait for it to be over, but it's looking to be a long ways off. At the end of this semester I'll have 18 of my 30 credits and then I'll take 6 more in the Spring. So... another year and a half?
Back to Work
Today was the 1st day back for teachers. (We start really late compared to almost everyone else!) It was loooong day. Colby's going to day care now 3 days a week. It's a family program with 3-5 kids depending on the day. He loved it today and was exhausted when I picked him up, but it was so much harder for me this time around. I think it's because now I know that he really knows me and depends on me and I felt like I was abandoning him. It was such an awful feeling. I rushed out of school the second I could to get him.
School itself is interesting. I mentioned before that I switched schools. Here's why...
- Last year at the C/G (where I was) we had 4 K classes and 3 1st Grade classes.
- The plan for this year was to move to 4 1st grades because of the K's moving up. And then to have 3 K's because the numbers changed. I was going to move to 1st because I was the least senior.
- Numbers for K dropped so they went down to 2 K's at the C/G and I lost my post as the future 1st grade teacher. Instead the second least senior K teacher was to move up to 1st.
- I got sent to the L/R for their open K class.
- All was fine all summer... la de dah.
- Last minute, K enrollment at the C/G jumped and they ended up adding the 3rd K back.
- K teacher forced to move up to 1st decides to move back down to K leaving the 1st grade open.
- I'm still at the L/R because they don't want to disrupt that school.
- They hire a new teacher for the 1st grade--- the position I completely wanted forever.
And to top it off they wouldn't release my furniture from the C/G so I was left with nothing at the L/R. They ended up finding me a few tables and just enough chairs, but I don't have my carpet. It sounds stupid (well maybe not to the other teachers out there) but I LOVE that carpet. Last year in the beginning of the year my carpet was destroyed when my roof leaked so I got to order a brand new carpet. Don't you know I got the best one I could- it was a giant calendar so it had individual rectangles for everyone to sit in and plenty of room to do work on the floor. Ahhh I loved it. But they confiscated it and won't let it leave the C/G. And my new principal won't buy me a new one. Instead I was told to "go get a carpet remnant for like $60." Yes... just what I want to spend money on.
Kids come Thursday.
Back to IVF
Well I've taken 2 birth control pills and I start Lupron on the 20th and then go in for blood and u/s on the 30th. Excited to be back in it, but a little overwhelmed. Not looking forward to the start of the needles again...
If you need pictures of Colby, visit www.365daysofcolby.blogspot.com . I totally stole the idea from Alyssa...