- Does anyone who reads this use Gerber Good Start formula? I have over $20 of coupons that I can't get rid of and I hate to throw them away. Or how about Similac? $20 for that too!
- Hunter turned 3 months this week. He's so big already-- at least compared to where his siblings were. At his two month check up he was about 11lbs. At their 2 year check up the girls were 22lbs. I'm sure Hunter is closer to 13lbs by now. He's actually in 3-6 month clothing. Colby was in (and even started) 3-6 month clothing long after he was 6 months. I know, I know, I should stop comparing, but it's so different.
- I'd love to be able to write WE SOLD THE HOUSE. But I can't. *sigh* Another open house tomorrow, though with the torrential rain we're getting I'm doubting there will be many visits.
- My brother-in-law is visiting from Missouri. He's in the Air Force and currently stationed in Missouri. He just finished a domestic-deployment (I didn't know they even did those) in Delaware and last year he was deployed to Afghanistan. It's nice to have him visiting-- he's one of a handful of Johnny's family who like us. (Another story for another day)
- I'm in the process of trying to donate some of my 1,000+ ounces of frozen milk. I had so much that we couldn't put a single thing more in the deep freezer (which was only frozen milk) so I shipped about 1/2 to my parents deep freezer and ours is already filling up again. It's a tough call because I know I'll need some when I go back to work, but I'll also still be pumping and nursing then, so who knows how much I'll need? But at the same time it will be nice to help some of those itty-bitty preemies out there.
- Parents of twins out there-- have you ever had a problem (like a serious problem) with your twins hurting each other? Our girls are so rough with one another and I don't know where it comes from. Zoe currently has a cluster of cuts on her arm and another on her chest from Syd scratching her. (I've since cut nails) They're always hitting each other over the head with something, pushing, biting, pulling hair (!!!). I'm hoping it's just a really long phase, but I so hoped to see the two of them so best-friendy for life.
- We're 100% cloth diapering here and I love it! So far they work so well. When the girls were itty bitty I was doing 2x the laundry for twins because they would literally explode out of their diapers every single day. It was ridiculous. I would usually acquire 4 day time outfits and 4 pjs in one day. So far with H Man? The BumGenius diapers have had zero leaks or explosions or anything. The gDiapers aren't as good-- I had them from the girls and never really liked them at all and they're so ridiculously expensive. For H I have 6 BumGeinus All in Ones (Freetime I think?) and 7 3.0s (pocket diapers). Then I have the 6 gDiapers and 1 random Grovia I had bought a long time ago, so 20 diapers in all. With 6 of us now I'm already washing SO much laundry that really the load of diapers every day or two doesn't seem like much extra at all. Though, when we move I'll probably miss having all of those perfect diaper boxes to pack in..
- As far as WHY I'm using cloth diapers? I wish I could say that it's all about the environment and protecting the Earth and all the good stuff to go green. But, really the cuteness factor was #1 to start with. (Ridiculous, I know, I know...) And part of it was to prove that I could. I know, stupid stupid too. But I kind of like a challenge all the time and this is my "challenge" right now. (I know, I'm crazy.) But seriously, I wish I had used them with Colby. I couldn't do the pre-folds with the snappis thing because I like "easy" (yes, I know I just said I like a challenge. A little bit of a challenge I guess) and I don't think I would want to deal with that. I guess I like that they're regular diapers, but "cute". Geeze, I'm pathetic...
|Relaxing in his swim shirt and his orange diaper. :) |
Seriously, I have a problem...