Sunday, August 22

Guest Book

When Connor died his obituary was put in the local paper. The obituary & a guest book were also put online where it was destined to stay for 1 year. After 1 year it was to be removed, so on July 23rd of this year it was to be removed unless someone paid to keep it up longer.

In the beginning a bunch of family members posted 1 time. I signed up for email so I was updated every time someone posted, so I would track the comments. After the initial week or so only my mom, my dad, and I would post every now and then. Usually just around month anniversaries, to say that we were thinking of him.

At one year, a few weeks ago I got an email reminding me that the guest book would be removed. I looked and I was the last to post at 6 months, so I didn't plan on paying to keep the book online longer. Instead, I cut and pasted all the entries to save in Connor's Memory Box and I haven't been back since.

Today I got an email from the page that hosts to guest book. It had a new posting.

August 21, 2010

Just thinking of you......

Grampy

I was so touched by the simple words. A year and a month later- he was just thinking of him.

But then it occured to me that the book shouldn't be online anymore. It was to go offline on July 23rd unless I paid. But...

CONNOR JAMES JAMERSON

This Guest Book has been kept online until 7/23/2011 by Grampy & Grammy
Though my parents are quiet and don't say much, it is clear that they are still so very devoted to their first grandson. They haven't forgotten him. It's clear how incredibly affected they have been by the boys' birth, Connor's death, and Colby's life. It makes me proud to be part of my family and Mom to my amazing miracles.

6 comments:

Michele said...

This brought tears to my eyes.

Catherine W said...

Both your boys are so very loved. x

Jill said...

I have tears reading this. It is so sweet how your parents extended it and wrote those sweet words.

Devon said...

aw, this made me smile. love those precious moments that come at unexpected times...

a VERY loved little boy!

Anonymous said...

That made me cry too. Your parents are so thoughtful. What a great thing for them to do!

Ashley said...

That brought tears to my eyes!