Sunday, January 6

27w 1d

Today's 27 weeks 1 day.  It's normal to compare every pregnancy right?

Because that's all I've been doing all day long.

I know this pregnancy with Baby #5 (and only #5) is nothing like the pregnancy with Baby #1 and #2 (aka Connor and Colby) but I can't help always compare the two (well, the three because I compare it to the pregnancy with Baby #3 and #4 (aka Sydney and Zoe).

Point is, I still have so very far to go in this pregnancy that I can't even THINK of having this baby right now.  The thought is so unimaginable... yet, was a reality not so long ago.  Right now I'm carrying around a tiny little 2 pound baby that is happily rolling around and kicking and still has 13 weeks to bake.  Yet, three-and-a-half years ago I was delivering two tiny 2 pound babies who were fighting for their lives.

I think I've said before how amazing Colby is in terms of a 27 weeker.  He is anything but the typical 27 week baby.  In his 3.5 years he never tested into Early Intervention.  Despite 3 months of oxygen- almost 3 weeks on a vent- he has shown zero eye issues.  His hearing is perfect and he actually tested at a Kindergarten level (though I'm not really sure what that means).  He has always been way ahead of the curve in speech and understanding.  His fine and gross motor skills have never been a concern.  Basically we just got very, very lucky with his health in general.  But as we know with Connor, Colby's health and general well-being is not the norm and things could have gone so much worse with him.

It's crazy to think that I could have a mini-Colby hanging out inside of me right now.  This tiny little baby so full of so much potential and that at any minute, any day something could happen.  But I really don't think it will... at least for awhile.   :)



No comments: